Monday, November 23, 2009

Week Twenty-Four: Reflections

During my 24 weeks of training:

-Total miles ran:
approx. 740 (probably more miles than I drove my car)

-Most miles ran in one week:
52

-Miles I was able to run before I started training: 5 - maybe

-Most challenging run: 13 miles through Discovery Park, Seattle - monster hills & stairs!!

-Number of races:
9 (soon to be 10!)
Beat The Bridge 8k
Komen For The Cure 5k
Fremont 5k
Fred Hutchinson Shore Run 5k
Run of the Mill 5k
SeaFair Torchlight Run 8k
Lake Union 10k
Paws in the Park 5k
Leavenworth Half-Marathon

-Number of running shoes used: 3
1 pair of Asics GT-2150s
2 pairs of Nike Zoom Vomero's +4

-Money spent on running gear: approx. $850

-Average amount of calories eaten per week during peak training: approx. 17500

-Average amount of calories expended (through running) per week during peak training: approx. 6000

-Weight lost: 7.5lbs (total weight loss this year: 14lbs)

-Greatest training moment: Finishing my first 20 mile run in 3 hours

-Greatest accomplishment: Placing 11th in my age group at the Leavenworth Half-Marathon. AND I beat my PR by 20 minutes!

-Greatest discovery: NutriMirror.com & Seattle running meet-up groups

-Biggest setback:
Getting sick during my most crucial week of training

-Biggest relief: Getting sick turned out not to be setback at all

-Goal: Finish the marathon in under 4 hours

-Miracle: Qualify for Boston

-Next marathon (yes, I'm already planning a second): Eugene Oregon Marathon

-Lesson learned: If you want something bad enough, you can have it - all you need is motivation, passion, and a true belief in yourself and your abilities. Never, never, doubt yourself.

-Quotes to live by:

"Do what you have always done, get what you have always gotten." - Kel Beaudoin

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." - James Dean

Only one more week until the marathon!!

Week Twenty-Four (tapering my miles so that my muscles are fully recovered for the marathon)
11/16 - Rest day
11/17 - Run 5 miles
11/18 - Run 4 miles
11/19 - Rest day
11/20 - Run 6 miles
11/21 - Run 5 miles
11/22 - Long run - 12 miles

Total miles for the week: 32

No comments:

Post a Comment