Sunday, August 2, 2009

Week Eight: Status update‏

Furthest distance ran so far: 11 miles

Newest race time:
-7/25/09 - SeaFair Torchlight Run 8K: 42:41 (42 out of 270 in my age group)

Note: I was a little disappointed when I saw my time. After seven weeks of training behind me, I thought that I would be able to beat my first 8K time. However, the course was quite challenging; it was uphill almost the entire way and there were no mile markers, so I couldn't really gauge where I was at in the race. This makes it difficult to know when to conserve your energy and when it's time to pick up the pace. The course also took you through the SeaFair Torchlight Parade route where there were, literally, hundreds of kids trying to give you high-fives as you ran by. I felt like I was suddenly in a pinball machine, dodging kids left and right. Not to mention it was 80+ degrees. So there, all my excuses for my mediocre time.

Me after eight weeks of training.

Note: I recently bought a scale that measures body fat and muscle mass percentages. It's great.

Height: 5' 4 1/2"
Weight: 117 lbs
Body fat percentage: 18.5% (Ideal body fat % for a female competitive runner is 17%)
BMI: 20

*No use in adding a new photo this week. I essentially look the same as in the last photo taken in week four. However, I am happy to say that my thunder thighs have become mini-thunders, but I didn't really want to include a photo just of my legs.

Week Eight Training
7/27 - Rest day
7/28 - Run 4 miles
7/29 - Run 4 miles
7/30 - Tempo run, 7 miles
-One warmup mile
-5 miles at a faster pace
-One cooldown mile
7/31 - Run 4 miles
8/1 - Rest day
8/2 - Long run - 11 miles

Total miles for the week: 30

1 comment:

  1. Don't be discouraged, I did 110 miles in two on the bike and was upset that my mph wasn't 14 or 15 only a 13.2 but I finally got off the trails and did some serious road riding, hills and more hills, these are tough times dig in and stay the course.

    ReplyDelete