Monday, August 31, 2009

Week Twelve: Status update

Furthest distance ran so far: 12 miles

Newest race time:
Lake Union 10k - 53:41 (finished 11 out of 163 in my age group)

Note: This was probably one of the most amazing races that I've ran thus far. The course was beautiful, the weather was perfect, and best of all, my training really proved to be paying off. This course had some killer steep hills, but I blazed up them almost effortlessly. I used to constantly complain about hilly race courses, but this time I was taking the hills on with a vengeance! I've been consistently training on hills for about three weeks now and I'm really starting to notice a vast improvement in my lower body and core strength.

Me after 12 weeks of training.
Lake Union 10K


















Height: 5' 4 1/2"
Weight: 116 lbs

Note: I'm honestly not trying to lose weight. Like I'd mentioned before, I'm eating an ungodly amount of calories everyday, sometimes up to 3100. Marathon training is one of the only programs that you can follow where you can truly eat (almost) whatever you want and still lose weight. However, even though I do consume a lot of food, I do try to keep it healthy. Eating lots of junk will cause you to feel lethargic and that's the last thing I need when I'm training to run 26.2 miles. I recently decided to completely eliminate artificial sweeteners and any food or drink that contains any type of corn syrup. I'm also trying to eat more organic and natural foods. As a result, I am no longer hypoglycemic and I have way more energy. So, between the positive food choices and running like a maniac, I've never felt healthier in my whole life. I like it.

Body fat percentage: 18%
BMI: 19.8

Only 13 more weeks until the marathon!

Week Twelve Training
8/24 - Rest day
8/25 - Run 3 miles
8/26 - Run 6 miles on a hilly course
8/27 - Rest day
8/28 - Run 5 miles
8/29 - Run 5 miles
8/30 - Long run - 12 miles

Total miles for the week: 31

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the 11th finish, persistence, hard work and your dedication is starting to pay off!! the results are a testimony of all your hard work, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete